The BetaSpace is High Tech Rochester’s pilot coworking space in the heart of downtown Rochester. This 4,000 square foot space on the third floor of the Sibley Building is a pioneering initiative that will culminate in the completion of HTR’s downtown campus expansion in fall 2017.
To incubate at BetaSpace, businesses must be scalable technology companies with community-minded spirits. Individuals may also access the BetaSpace as a member and cowork there on a part-time basis. Community is one of the main benefits of coworking. Coworking offers a creative and collaborative environment where entrepreneurs share not only a physical space, but also ideas, advice, experience, and feedback.
HTR provides programming, expert mentoring, and networking that can greatly improve the odds of a startup company’s success.
HTR provides programs, seasoned entrepreneurs-in-residence, and shared services to help new ventures advance.
This includes the following:
- Access to Programs: Pre-seed workshop, Customer Discovery, The Entrepreneurs Network.
- Entrepreneurs-In-Residence (EIRs): regular meetings with advisors to set and achieve milestones
- Fundraising Assistance: grants, angel investors, and venture capital
- Monthly lunch and learns
- Monthly CEO round-table discussions
- Coaching, mentoring, and networking from HTR staff
- Office hours from local service providers such as lawyers, marketers, and accountants
- Access to HTR networking opportunities and events
HTR offers the following benefits to startup clients:
- Shared co-working space
- Designated work station
- Printer and copier
- Coffee and snacks
- Three designated breakout rooms
- High speed WiFi
- Acccess to all other Lennox TEC amenities