New advancements to UR Medicine’s Golisano Children’s Hospital marks the completion of Phase II construction on the new hospital building. The $45 million endeavor propels the hospital to the forefront of surgical and complex care nationally, officials said.
With the addition of six state-of-the-art operating rooms, Golisano Children’s Hospital’s pediatric operating capabilities will far surpass other facilities in the region and will be on par with children’s hospitals in many of the country’s largest cities.
Hospital surgeons currently perform more than 20,000 surgeries per year.
The project began shortly after the building’s dedication in 2015. The new areas on the fourth and sixth floors of the hospital will open to patients over the course of the next month, and will include:
- Six new pediatric operating rooms in the William and Mildred Levine Pediatric Surgical Suite.
- The Clay E. and Rita M. Buzzard Pediatric Cardiac Cath Lab Suite.
- A gastroenterology surgical procedure suite.
- 23 new private pre-op and post-op recovery rooms.
- Relocation of the current 12 ICU and 10 general care pediatric beds to the new tower, and an addition of six new pediatric ICU beds to accommodate rising demand.